I'd just like to write this down as part of my baby step journey into this share investing market. Hopefully someone else as clueless as me would find this relatable. 😂 Disclaimer: I'm not by any chance very financial savvy or have a very good knowledge in share market/the bull or bear. It all started around end of March-early April in 2020. My partner started to read a book called "the barefoot investor" by Scott Pape after we went book shopping one day feeling like we gotta read something other than just watching netflix on our free time. P .s. I got myself a "this is going to hurt" by Adam Kay and it was a good book where I can relate to some of his experiences at work. 1 - The first thing we did was to open up an ING bank account as suggested by BFI. Reason: - 1.8% interest in saving maximiser account as compared to 0.05% in my other bank - Common sense time: 1.8% vs 0.05% which generates more interest? I only wish I knew it earlier...Al...
I have bought more ETFs in September - ASIA and VDHG, also topping up my existing ones. I made a mistake while buying VDHG. I was experimenting another trading app - Commsec to check on their live update of prices. So while I used that $ to place order in Selfwealth, selfwealth price was actually not the same?!!! It's my fault for not checking the price on selfwealth before clicking the order button. I ended up buying 60 cent more than market price on selfwealth platform - which means I lost money the second I placed order. 💀 🔨
Comments